Sunday, September 13, 2009

One for Me and One for You!

I've been finishing stuff lately!

Two in one weekend. I think it's a new record! (Yes, I'm nervous about it too.)

First, for me, I knit up Damson by Ysolda. I did end up having to switch skeins for the bind off, and I thank the great and wonderful Zonda for the extra yarn! Ysolda writes great patterns, and they are easily attainable by a new knitter, yet interesting enough to keep a more experienced knitter reasonably entertained.


CB even has a finished work this weekend! He had requested a combo of red and black, so when I saw the Botanic Hat, by Stephen West, I scouted out some yarn. In this case, it ended up being Malabrigo in black and Ravely Red. I think I'm a fan of the red, by the way.

I love that it's reversible. Some of you know that I hate ribbing, and the whole hat is 3x1 rib. But in this case, I'm glad I quit grumbling and just did it.














Well, I think that's all I've got for you now folks.

Oh! Wait!

I cast on for another shawl. More to follow on that one!

7 comments:

Hattie said...

Love the damson, glad you had extra yarn just in case...I know I was scared as heck with mine!

Cookie said...

You're on fire!

Is the shawl done yet? :D

Zonda said...

Wow, well you know I already love the Damson..good thing you hid it from me last nite! Geesh, when did you finish the hat! Go you!

Yarndude said...

I love both of these projects. Such wonderful patterns, and so well knit!

Acornbud said...

I think I'm going to frog Montego Scarf and make Damson. It really came out great...only thing is the yardage. I read somewhere how to make it a little smaller. Yours is inspiring me to do it!

Opal said...

both are lovely, but i really adore your damson!

Daniele said...

You are jamming on the projects!!! Shawl??? You go girl!