Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yes Mom, I'm Still Knitting On Your Sock

Gah. It wasn't even worth Plurking "I blogged" yesterday.

Today has been a better day! I'm relatively pleased with the fact that most of the snow has melted and that when I left work at 4:30 it was 53 degrees. I don't mind the snow, but I really prefer to have snow in an area that is equipped to deal with it. 'Nuff said.

For your general amusement, I have the following conversation to share:

Me: Why is there a half eaten piece of cheese in the garbage?

Mini-Me: Because I didn't want it

Me: Then why did you eat it?

Mini-Me: Because I wanted it.

(Insert massive, yet inaudible WTF here, please)

Ever since I made my favorite hippie a Calorimetry for her birthday, Wenders has wanted one. Being the wonderful person (cough-cough) that I am, I decided to make her one, and use the Noro Silk Garden again. In the process of making hers, I found out that Noro puts some fugly colors in their yarn. I can't quite figure out why the yarn people thought that we would enjoy something that is the color of cooked pork with streaks of royal blue in it. Seriously. Check it out:

Here's the dangerously close FO:


I will take a better picture in the sunlight. Promise.