Monday, May 26, 2008

Stars and Stripes.


In honor of those who have served, I found this pretty little sock, which I though very fitting.


The pattern and more on how they came up with the pattern, please click here.


I love it when things mean something! I live in a very big military town, I myself was in for four years, and my daughter's father is in for life. In some respects, the military cost me my marrage, but I also know that in good conscience, I could have never asked my ex to pick one over the other.

Those that make the commitment to serve, and to serve to the best of their abilities, deserve our constant respect and admiration, no matter what we think of the President or the wars they are fighting in.


My kiddo was 3 going on 4 when her dad went to Afghanistan. She couldn't understand what was going on. She was used to him deploying, but not for 8 months and she could really sense that something was different. The best way that we could explain it to her was that he had to go and take care of the bad guys so that little girls like her could have a good life and their families would be safe. We did the same when he went to Iraq when she was 6 going on 7. She was so proud of her daddy! She told everyone she could "My daddy is trying to keep little girls safe and I miss him, but it's ok, because all little girls need to be safe."


Although we are not together, I am so very proud of him still. He went through so much, and lost so much that I can't help but be proud.


My very close friend Frankie is in one of those places right now, and I pray every day for his safe return. Without him, my life would be very, very empty.

Myself and Frankie Summer 2007

No comments: