Sunday, April 6, 2008

More Sunday Blah Blah?

Yup! That's what it is time for!


So I've been out of town for the majority of the week, doing business in St. Louis - blah blah blah. It's a nice city, and although I only experienced Busch Stadium, I think I can dig it up there. I did knit on the plane ride to and from, which definitely made the plane rides go by much faster. I hate planes, by the way.


I took a simple project, a dishcloth (my latest obsession other than the many unfinished objects I have) and I really like this one.. It looks almost tie-dyed. I'll take a picture and share, so no worries. There are a few things about dishcloths that I really like:


1. You can use them for alot of things!!! As a dishcloth, for sure, but also pot holder, a trivet, a washcloth, or even as a nice absorbent place to put a big pitcher of sweet tea when you have it sitting out for guests.

2. Using a dishcloth allows you to save on paper towels and it allows you to WASH IT. As in a sanitary item - rather than the nasty stinky sponge you currently use.

3. They are pretty! Why go to your local Wal-Mart and pay for something that looks like your grandma used? Who likes the prints on dishcloths that are available at the store that are inexpensive? Not this girl!

4. Its a fun gift item. I like to give handmade gifts. I like getting them. I put a little bit of me in each and everything I make and I like that.


Awe! Don't we all like warm fuzzies?? I think they are rather environmentally friendly, too which is super duper. Now I just need to find some spiffy organic cotton yarn to use that won't cost me an arm and a leg. If any of you know of one - please speak now.


I know who this dishcloth is going to... My favorite hippie =)

No comments: